Sunday, August 23, 2009

If you don't have anything nice to say...

Don't say anything at all.

You know, I think I'm going to make that my goal for this week. I'm going to choose the joy of the Lord versus the "the world is going down the toilet, no one's doing anything about it, i hate life" attitude. Somehow, I think it might make not only me, but those around me much more happy. After all, being a Christian's not about complaining how sucky everyone is, right? It's about being more Christlike. And Christ loved. That was His first priority. So...here I go!

Now, last week, although crappy, I did manage to witness a few things that seemed quite humorous to me. I managed to snap a photo of one of them! (see far left)

In the city (and conveniently behind the Con) are the Royal Botanical Gardens. Tourist, students, city folk, businessmen, etc. take-in its beauty. Now, this picture shows a businessman walking through the gardens. I think it's a fantastic idea--take a break from the hectic day in the office and enjoy nature! It seems like a normal picture, right? But, the reason I find this picture humorous is because of the story behind it.

There I was, relaxing on the grass, headphones in my ears, watching people and the sky. Suddenly, out of nowhere, comes this businessman strolling through the grass with his long legs and fancy suit. He takes quick giant strides, arms alternating like a pair of crazed scissors, his face stern and set on his prize: a perfect little spot next to a tree. He stops suddenly, drops his suitcase, and plops (yes, literally plops) down and sits indian style. After about one minute, he falls on his back. In the grass. In his fancy suit. It was awesome! He just stretched out his arms and lay there. I don't know how long he did this for, but it must have been at least twenty minutes. He then sits up, dusts himself off, picks up his case and takes some more giant strides in the exact direction he came from. No snack, no relaxing in the sun. Just like that, he was gone. It was quite random. After that incident, I decided to jot down a few more things that were ironic/humorous that I witnessed throughout the day. Here's what I gathered:

  • Old man in a suit picks his nose with left index finger on the train and "nonchalantly" puts the very same finger in his mouth. Nice.
  • An Asian fellow walks cooly down Macquarie street wearing expensive sunglasses, a crisp jacket and unzipped fly. How suave!
  • I see two mothers ahead of me pushing their baby strollers and think, "Aw, babies!" Then I see that one of the moms is wearing see-through pants. Really see-through. Eugh.
  • A burly, husky man with a look of "get out of my way" crosses Broadway Street. Tough guy! Especially with his tiny Chihuahua in its pink sweater skipping behind him on its bright yellow leash. Classic!
I think I'll start keeping up with these things more often. It helps the day go by... :D






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment by typing it below!