Sunday, October 25, 2009

District Conference

This weekend was the District 9750 conference. I got to sing the Australian National Anthem along with an aria and a fun song. It was great!

The conference highlighted a lot of really great projects, like Mahboba's Promise, which also happens to be a book. This woman has been through so much! She's helping Afghani women and children and her main source of funding comes from AU.

I met GSE teams, including one from Connecticut! They were very fun. Indian women did this neat dance, people spoke about marketing Rotary; the entire event was really well done.

I even attended the banquet, something I've never done in my own district back home. It was fun! I got to talk to a lot of neat people and then watched everyone dance. I was invited to dance, but graciously declined (I only want to dance with Brian!) and just enjoyed watching others. Marie and John got down!! It was great to see such a lovely couple spinning and swinging!

I have a lot to do today. Clean, organize the emails I've gotten, and study study study! My recital is coming up very soon and I still have some pieces not memorized! Eesh...

1 comment:

  1. Test test...does this comment work? Why, yes indeed!! YAYYY!

    ~JOSMERY

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment by typing it below!