Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Nerds Rock

Well, I finally had my "first day of school" this semester! The night of, I was tossing and turning like a five year-old ready for the first day of kinder-year. Ha!

I am taking two pedagogy classes, the first of which is Principles of Studio. The class is mainly online-learning, but we discuss a lot of stuff in class. My teacher, Dr. James Renwick, is really funny and very passionate about what he does. YES! There is nothing worse than taking a course from a teacher who feels obligated to be there.

My second class is Methods of Teaching 1, with Dr. Rowena Cowley. In this class, I will be learning about teaching solely vocal students--YES! The class is tomorrow. Yipee!!

Lastly, I'm taking from a new teacher, Anke, which happens to be Barry's wife. She is a fantastic teacher! Some things I'm like, "huh?" (i.e. she forces me down into a weird squatting position while singing, trying to get me to feel..I'm not sure exactly what lol), but for the most part, I feel like I'm already improving! Plus, I'm doing Strauss lieder, and the fact that she's German helps out tremendously! Get it from the horse's mouth, I say!

Ah, I love school. :D

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you have exciting classes! I can't wait to glean from your knowledge!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment by typing it below!