Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Change is Inevitable

Big update: I have moved out of my host counselor's home and into a new one! John and his family were very kind to let me stay with them so long! Ha ha... I was very blessed to have them in my life. For sure.

Story goes: I sang for a women's Gingerbread House-Making Night last semester, and a lady named Karen Becket was there. She inquired of my friend (also my pastor's wife), Margie, who I was and whether I needed a place to stay. At the time, everything was working out fine, so I didn't take her up on her offer.

Well, this semester, money became extremely tight. As in, in the negatives, tight. So I called Karen up and she and her family invited me to stay with them for the rest of the semester! They looked forward to having an "older individual from a different culture" around for the sake of their two girls, knowing it would be a good experience for them. Antonia, 9, is a character and just an all-around cool kid. Natlie, 13, is a lovely young lady with a somewhat mysterious beauty. If you ask me, it seems I'm the one benefitting! Karen and her hubby, Brendan, are hard workers with generous hearts. I look forward to the coming months!

I am also in a new curriculum at school. Instead of two ensemble classes (a class where I'm in a group of musicians whom I have no real choice to be with and we put on a concert), I am taking two pedagogy (how to teach) courses. I am sooo excited!! A bit uncertain about all the writing I'll have to do, but besides that, I'm stoked!

I finally posted videos on YouTube of me singing. They aren't really me in the act of singing, but just my voice. Same audio as the links I posted here on my blog, but now there's a picture of my face you can stare at too. :D

Please visit! Josmery's YouTube


A few not-so-good things have arisen as well, things that I have no real control over -- but what DO we control, in truth, anyway? I'm learning not to be anxious for ANYTHING, but to trust God and ask Him to help me out of the worry. One day at a time.

Life.

2 comments:

  1. I pray the move works out for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you love! Enjoying your voice on YouTube too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment by typing it below!