Monday, April 26, 2010

Expectations and Canvas

Everyone has expectations. I believe they are wonderful to have, for they keep us all "in line" with ourselves. They're the unseen code. Most of our adult behavior is defined by what we learn as youngsters, by what is expected of us. I still hear my mother's voice echoing in my ear every time I walk into my room and see that I haven't kept it tidy... "Clean your room, Josmery." Especially true in this area is when I first wake up and actually get out of bed. "Make your bed before you do anything else, and you won't have to worry about it later."

Some things take years to stick. :)

But what about when your desires begin to change? What about fulfilling the duties you once completely believed in but, with time, have come to see they in themselves are no longer what you truly desire?

I want to paint the canvas. I used to think the best way I could paint was by using this one set of brushes, yet I have grown to see that a completely different Brush makes far better strokes. It is THE brush. It was made for painting. It is the paint.

Some people expect me to continue with the first set of brushes.

I know what I want.

I have heard it said, "It doesn't matter what brush you use, as long as you paint. So continue with the first set."

I want to ask, "Then what is the issue with me using the best Brush? Please try it. You will see the difference."

But some people cannot see the colors.

1 comment:

Please leave me a comment by typing it below!